Sharing the Joy of Software/Delphi in the .NET world

Monday, November 22, 2004

What are our Personal Brands these days and how do we find them?

Heather has another great blog entry that leads more into personal brands. I believe that we all play many roles that sum up to our personal brands. I think Heather is a great marketer, recruiter, entertainer and salesperson. We all have to be entertainers and salespeople in the blogsphere. If not who would want to read our blogs? Maybe that is why I only get 20-40 hits on my blog? :) 6 months ago, I did a big exercise. I went to each person I knew and felt very comfortable with and asked them what they saw as my strengths and weaknesses. It was hard since I got a lot of truth to face. I found that I am the type of person who needs to be acknowledged for my work and if I do not I lose enthusiasm for what and who I am working for. I kinda knew it but I had several people tell me that. I am also a procrastinator. I have known that since I was a kid and have worked very hard fixing that weakness/habit. I also learned that I am unique in the fact that I can find quickly anything that I need to know. I have always had that ability since I was a kid. People would ask about something and if we did not know it I would have the information back so to share it with everyone. I also remember abstract things well. I cannot remember names but I remember a piece of code from a magazine 3 years ago that I need now and know how to find it. But I do think that we all need to have the people we respect the most and who care and respect us to give us feedback about ourselves. I know I am a better person because of it. I have a great new gig because I know what makes me tick and motivates me. I need to be a upfront person from my personality. Take the plunge and be better!

1 Comments:

  • Wow...after that endorsement, I'm thinking of taking my show in the road ; )

    You and I are a lot alike, Chris. That whole enthusiasm thing...that is actually one nice thing about blogs...you get a lot of external support...people blogging about you, calling you an entertainer ; )...it can really keep you motivated.

    Heather Hamilton | Senior Marketing Recruiter
    Microsoft Corporation | 425.706.2312
    heathham@microsoft.com | http://weblogs.asp.net/heatherleigh

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 3:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home