Sharing the Joy of Software/Delphi in the .NET world

Friday, July 16, 2004

Life and Career Thoughts

I am in a weird place right now. I have a good paying job. I like the people I work with and I am friends with my Boss. But my view of the job is in that gray area that leads me to my thought. Have you ever been in a job that was not so horrible that you wanted to go running from the front door screaming and vowing never to return but was not personally or professionally fulfilling where you knew you would not be there long term (what ever that means these day)? I have a job like that. Now I am starting my new venture in the evenings and have a deadline to get it started and going strong. But I also have a wife and 2 young boys. I would not do a thing to hurt my family or cause them pain. My wife put her career on hold (she is an Organizational Development and Training expert) so we can have our kids home until preschool. She could go back to work and I could ramp up my venture quicker. A lot of people go through this life events so I thought I would post and see what if any advice people have. Thanks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home