Sharing the Joy of Software/Delphi in the .NET world

Friday, July 09, 2004

Being Innovative

The kick I am on lately is how to nurture innovation. I have found through painful experiences that it is very hard to sit in a conference room and "innovate". It is like playing sports and overthinking about hitting a baseball, catching a football or driving a golf ball straight. The more you think about it the more you get away from just being. The same can be attributed to being innovative. For myself the best time to be innovated is when I am not trying to be. I come up with my best ideas when I am chatting with colleagues and friends, driving in the car listening to the news, taking a shower in the morning or right before I fall asleep. The key is to be able to record the innovative thought so that you do not lose it. I have never been on a corporate retreat that hopefully will bring together a group of people that will foster good thinking. I think getting away to a relaxing place can help. Also doing a few fun activities can also help. I have been neglecting my blog for the last week due to lack of topics since I am trying to do a few non technical tasks like start a new venture and expand on the Recruiting Tool (need name!!!!). I have decide that I will at least write a single blog post each night covering what I did that day. Might be some good thoughts or just some blog crap but it will help.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home