Sharing the Joy of Software/Delphi in the .NET world

Friday, July 30, 2004

Also Applies to You and I

Seth Godin in his last blog post talks about media consumption and ad spending for the online world. Interesting but what caught my eye is the comment he made towards to end of the post.

Whenever you are faced with a situation where your competition is afraid to change but you can see the reality of the situation, you have a huge opportunity. This is the biggest growth and market share opportunity in at least a decade.

Short version: corporations, politicians, non-profits and even individuals who overinvest in online will see the same spectacular bounce that companies saw from TV in the fifties and sixties.

I think that with all the news of offshore jobs and the lack of perceived quality tech jobs (which I think is hogwash!) that we all should spend 5 hours a month making sure our personal brand has been reviewed and improved. In the new world, we are all just what others perceive us as and we all need to build a good brand of ourselves. I will be having more post on how technical workers can build personal branding. Not that I am an expert but I think I may have a few insights from years of reading non-tech books.

1 Comments:

  • Also applies to you and //ME// -- to you and *ME*! Prepositions take the accusative (objective) case!

    Sorry, that is such a pet peeve of mine.

    By Blogger Nick, at 4:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home