Sharing the Joy of Software/Delphi in the .NET world

Thursday, December 16, 2004

Delphi / C# Builder Setting Manager

via Erwien Saputra's blog:

After I read Corbin's blog post, I used that information to help me with my day to day programming. I like to have my IDE fast, and my favorite tip was the barebone IDE.

It is also great to have different configurations with different set of components. Now I have Delphi IDE that loads with Crystal 10 VCL, and Delphi that loads with Crystal 6 VCL. Finally I am able to supports different applications without having to reinstall the components all the time. :)

After creating a bunch of desktop shortcuts, each with specific settings, finally I decided to manage it. I created a small utility to create and to manage the custom settings for all of my Delphi and C#Builder IDEs.

This utility supports Delphi 6, Delphi 7, Delphi 8, Delphi 2005, and C#Builder 1. You can create new setting, delete or rename an existing setting. You can also create shortcuts (.lnk file). This utility is able to create a shortcut that already assigned with the –r parameter.

I developed this utility using Delphi 7 professional and it was recompiled with Delphi 20005. This is still a Win32 application.

You can download the utility here, complete with source. If you try it please let me know what you think.

[Delphi Community]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home